This is what you should be criticizing (Re: Stallman Admits to Copyright Infringement)

Paul Serice wrote:

> Unless you are one of the Debian anarchists, I think it will be
> eye-opening to see just how little Stallman respects the rights of
> others.  I know it was for me.

Well, the existence of documents on anarchism does not imply
that users or developers of Debian are committed to the ideals
of any group or declaration whatsoever.

Rights of others? Do you think that copyright is the hill on which
FSF is established? On the contrary, I would regard copyright laws
as a contrivance to destroy rights. Free software/documentation
licenses are a way to fight copyrights, that's where the "copyleft"
term comes from.

> Q: What do you think about people who love music sharing files with
>    their neighbors?
>
> A: I do that.  I do that.  I will let anybody borrow and copy my records
>    and tapes.  I love music, and therefore I loathe the music industry.
>
> As "loathsome" as the music industry may be, at least it respects
> Stallman's copyrights (which is more than Stallman can say).

It seems that you have no idea what RMS is talking about. You must
have never read his writings. In his speeches, he always refers to
the copyright laws that elevate authors or artists to a form of
aristocracy as an example of rights being taken away from people.
Thus, his answer makes perfect sense. In addition to this, I would
be surprised to find any true music fan who doesn't despite the
record industry.

RMS, in this dialogue, regards copying of digital music files equivalent
to sharing your records with your neighbors. This is what you should
argue about:
  i) Is sharing digital files equivalent to borrowing records from your
     neighbor in some sense?
  ii) Is sharing music with your neighbor right?

I'd argue for sharing music on any medium. Without any kind of royalty
being paid to the author.

Thanks,

--
 +  Eray "eXa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .