Re: Archive is moving to auric / Incoming disabled

grendel@vip.net.pl (Marek Habersack) writes:

> > - support for capabilities (see

> Patches for ext2 support for capabilities on the 2.3 kernels can be found in
> the Linux kernel archive
> (ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/libs/security/linux-privs/kernel-2.3/)

linux-privs implements Posix Capabilities (the now given up posix 6 (I
think) which is only a very restricted model of capabilities (if even
that).

I hasn't very much to do with the capabillity concept a number of
research OSes (including eros) works with. I think that real effective
capability support would require a major rewrite of large part of the
kernel. (VFS, VM, the view of proceses in general)

--
Peter er ikke sur, han er sær -- og han er ikke DIKUs sureste koder,
men måske nok DIKUs særeste ;)