Re: ["Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>] Re: apt-get

    Daniel>   Will this affect people upgrading directly from slink
    Daniel> (whose window-manager preferences won't yet be stored via
    Daniel> alternatives)?  Or is there stuff in the scripts to try to
    Daniel> preserve settings?

I'm pretty sure when I upgraded from slink that my window manager
settings were silently ignored and I had to explore for a while to
figure out about the new update-alternatives setup. (I could be
misremembering, though.)

Joe Schmoe User is not going to have a chance in hell of figuring out
how to use update-alternatives to set their window manager, and now
that /etc/X11/window-managers is silently ignored.. well, it's not a
happy situation. :)

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters G and D and the number 4.
"Ooh, don't touch him, HE'S got the wall sconses."