SASL/TLS and mail (MTA and MUA)

In trying to help people move to more recent level of sendmail, I find
I need more information on other mail pieces parts and their use of
SASL and/or TLS.

TLS is SSL encrypted communications (ala telnet-ssl or ssh)

SASL is primarily authorization, but I underdstand it also may
have an encryption layer

I think something along the following tables might be a decent start:

MTA:      SASL      TLS    Notes
sendmail  y,base    y,beta
postfix   ?         ?,postfix-tls
exim      ?         ?
qmail     ?         ?
others?   ?         ?

MUA:      SASL      TLS    Notes
pine      ?         ?
mutt      ?         ?
elm       ?         ?
emac      ?         ?
netscape  y         y      mail setting, mail user=authid@realm
ie        ?         ?
outlook   y(login)  ?      need SASL compiled w/login support
lotus     ?         ?
others?   ?         ?

Then I'd want to have a small blurb about each component, and how to
integrate it into a SASL/TLS framework.
--
Rick Nelson
Life'll kill ya                         -- Warren Zevon