Re: First Debian Conference : the program

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 04:22:30PM +0200, Sacha Dunas wrote:
> Hello

Hello,

> Our organization can be interested to be Debian Conference Sponsor.
>
> Please let us know if it's possible or not. If yes what are the conditions

Just some general guidelines about the requisites for sponsoring. For
further discussions, we can continue in private (and in french ;).

The Debian Conference is not intended to be a commercial show. It takes
place during the Libre Software Meeting, and thus, the policy for the
sponsoring is as following :

There will be two types of sponsors : general ones (tagged as sponsors
of the whole event), and particular ones (the name/logo of the
enterprise will be display next each name of participant being
sponsored).

A general sponsor must not be an enterprise engaged in computers
(software/hardware). The fundation can be made in money, or in kind (for
example, Air France, general sponsor, can give places in airplanes).
Both are needed.

There is strictly no restriction for particular sponsors, even
enterprises in computers business are allowed : the more they fund
developers, the more they will appear...

In France, there will be only one organization allowed to receive the
funds, and the accounts will be published. If, after the event, some
funds remain, they will be used to fund the Free Software movement
(events or organizations).

Please get in touch with me for further explanations, and thanks for the
proposal.
--
Thierry LARONDE <thierry.laronde@polynum.com>
10, rue du Bel Air, 74000 ANNECY / Tel.-Fax : 33.(0)4.50.67.46.61