Re: Some more debconf queries

Jules Bean wrote:

> > Well, using scheme/lisp expressions is daunting. The MacOS X people
> > are using XML for the task but IMHO, that's even crazier.
>
> Don't forget: A bad standard is better than no standard.
>
> XML is easy to parse, and easy to transform, and it's easy to write
> programs which input it, output it, or transform it.
>
> That's a lot better than what we have now.

I bet it is :) But think like this, do you want a monster sleeping
with you? Do you want some bloated editor just to live your life? Do
you ever want an XML/HTML browser, or a web thing to be on your box
just to do your daily *programming* things?

A documentation language is only good for documentation. Do you
ask a painter to fix your central heating system? I don't think so.

Anyway, I feel a lot better now. w3c.org deciding on everything. blah.
blah. BTW, I think it's pretty good for for the "web", but I'm
skeptical about extending your penis to be your god.

--
 +  Eray "eXa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .