Re: Some more debconf queries

    John> Let's give a specific example, that of postfix that I
    John> mentioned.  What specifically should I have debconf scripts
    John> do in that situation?  Parse the conffiles and edit them in
    John> place?  Use templates?  What?

Two things should be mentioned here.  First, I have already written
Debconf support for Postfix, although I haven't heard back from the
maintainer about integrating it.  You can find it here, if you're
interested:

http://web.verbum.org/levanti/debian/postfix-debconf.diff

Secondly, handling configuration file interfaces isn't an issue with
Postfix, because you can use 'postconf' to change configuration
values.