Re: md5sums in deb

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> But they are useful after a system crash if you want to check
> your files.

Files don't only corrupt after system crashes. Eventually, all
files on the hard disk are going to rot, and it does take some
effort to find which on a Debian system with some 1000s of packages
installed! I was using debsums to give reports on corrupt packages
but I was frustrated by the fact that most packages (all?) didn't have
their md5sums. (package xxx doesn't come with md5sums). I think
either all packages should have md5sums or no packages should
have md5sums.

--
 +  Eray "eXa" Ozkural                   .      .   .  . . .