Re: Archive is moving to auric / Incoming disabled

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> Note that since you wrote this, Incoming on master has reverted to 775.
> I wonder what happens to packages that people mistakenly continue to
> upload to there? (600+ since May 5th)

I think thiss may have been premature. It is intended to put an upload
queue on that directory, but OpenSSH on master has not yet been patched to
handle the scp options the upload queue needs (me)

> Also, is everyone going to eventually have modify their dupload settings
> or whatever so they start uploading to ftp-master.debian.org?

Yes, that will be the cannonical name for this function from now on.

> And in general, how's the move going, for those of us who haven't been
> able to keep up with the details on IRC?

Most people will probably use the [to be installed] upload queue forever I
fear :>

Jason