Re: efficient mirroring: tje, mirroring only (binary) diffs

joost witteveen <joostje@debian.org> writes:

> Notice that the "patches" I speak about are against "uncompressed"
> (.deb) files. That is, I un-ar a .deb, then uncompress the *.gz
> files in there, and then put them together in one file again.
> All diffs are against these. Naturally, the client later makes proper
> .deb archives again.

Uhh, that means that your mirroring tool needs intricate knowledge of
the file formats it mirrors to gain anything.

Concerning Debian archives, the common case there is *not* that a file
changes, but rather that foo-version vanishes, and foo-version+1 is
newly created. So what are you running diffs between?

--
Robbe