Small problem installing potato

Hi debian developers,

I installed debian potato using the newest floppy images (2.2.12-2000-04-26,
from ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/pub/debian/dists/frozen/main/disks-i386/current/images-1.44/idepci/), but when I tried to install the ne2000 module I got that
the install process was unable to find /target/etc/modules.conf.

Using insmod from console solve me the problem.

I hope this could be useful in improving boot floppies.

			Yours,
				Mirko Manea

P.S.: may I suggest you to provide more choice in the site list from which
you can install via network (like the usual mirrors?)... http.us.debian.org
is slow from here (italian university network). Using ftp protocol does not
seem to work (unknown protocol). Is it not possible to restart retriving a file
from where it left when the connection was dropped ? Thank you in advance!