Re: potato late, goals for woody (IMHO)

On Tue, May 02, 2000 at 12:59:29PM -0700, Kenneth Scharf wrote:
> >I have found personally that debian Patoto being
> >branded a unstable
> >version is
> >a politcal problem and i agree entirely with Mike.
>
> Maybe the word 'unstable' should be changed to
> 'under-development', 'next-release',
> 'watch-this-space', 'in-flux' or something else.
>
> Unstable really means 'moving-target' not necessary
> 'crashes-every-5-minutes', but politicaly that's what
> it implies. (how about 'radio-active'?)
>
> 'Frozen' implies 'almost-ready-for-prime-time' and I
> think more people are comfortable running something
> called 'frozen' than 'unstable'.

I agree with Kenneth here. Some colleagues of mine have said that they'll
never install unstable, but they'll jump with both feet to frozen as soon as
it was, well, frozen :-) (Wich they did, BTW).

I like under-development, and really, doesn't this reflects what's really
hapenning under the hood?

--
Pedro Guerreiro						 UIN: 48533103
Universidade do Algarve (EST) - Campus da Penha - 8000 Faro - PORTUGAL