Re: Proposal new source archive format

    >> * We use a new file, debian/sources, which lists all source files
    >> and has instructions for unpacking them. For a full description
    >> of the file see the attached manpage.

    Anthony> This file would have to be duplicated into either the .dsc or in ensuring
    Anthony> the tarballs were laid out appropriately so that dpkg-source -x can get
    Anthony> to it.

 I think it was intended that "debian/sources" would contain
 information to be editted the package maintainer, and that the .dsc
 would continue to be generated by the tools that produce the source
 package.  The .dsc will contain information derived not only from
 "debian/sources", but from "debian/{control,changelog}", etc., as
 well, and then signed with the maintainer's key.