Re: First approximation of source line count for potato

Tuesday, May 02, 2000, 2:29:31 PM, Joey wrote:
> alien 58 280.0 8.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0

> 8 lines, eh? I'm a more compact programmer than I thought. :-)

    You did read where he said that the totals are multiplied by 1000.  So
that 8.0 is 8,000, not 8.  Besides, how many scripts are floating around in
perl that don't end in .pl?  A /lot/.  File really is needed to be used.  Who
cares if it checks 60 gabillion times, it is all just processor time.  Unless
you're really concerned about rc5 cycles they're going to be cycled, one way
or another.  Personally I'd run it, toss it in the background, mail me the
results when done.  Who cares if it takes a week?  I can go sleep, eat, work,
play, etc.