Re: Looking for speakers for the First Debian Meeting

On Mon, 1 May 2000, Thierry Laronde wrote:

> > Or just very conservatively on using Debian for Network Diagnostics (SNMP,
> > MON, diverse tools) and a certain opensource project at siteROCK involving
> > Debian.
>
> OK for the idea of these ones. I think that one conference can be dedicated
> to show all the tremendous good things that can be done with a Debian
> distribution.
>
> For new projects, this is the place to speak about them, and, eventually,
> to recruit. Can you be more precise ?

Yeah. We are still recruiting and there are now 5 debian developers
working at siteROCK. Dont be shy and contact me if you want employment
doing Debian Linux Work.

siteROCK is planning to do a network monitoring
station based on Debian/Linux. Probably we will be doing something on a
Credit Card CD like Linuxcare. I am going to be talking about this some
more at the LWE in San Jose in August.

> By the way, the FSF is now officially interested in the event, and it seems
> that RMS will be here :) (I do hope that he will make a conference about
> the HURD --- so Debian developers of the GNU/HURD : there are numerous
> people interested in knowing this beast better...).

Great! A Microkernel has good potential in making Debian even easier to
use.