Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 28, 2000

On Sun, Apr 30, 2000 at 10:28:08PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:

> Are you aware of the fact that libreadlineg2 is in the section oldlibs
> while libreadline4 is in the section base? So the recompilation is
> needed also for potato to make sure, that the packages don't use a
> library from the section oldlib.

I am aware of that, sure. The problem is that somebody said on -devel,
that there are differences between libreadline version 2 and 4 that
can't be dealt with by recompiling. So every time we just recompile
a package against libreadline4 we risk breaking that package.

And this is not the right time for such experiments...

cu
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member