Re: Going through the RC buglist again

Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> wrote:
>On 29 Apr 2000, Robert Bihlmeyer wrote:
>
>> > This is non-RC as it only applies to woody.
>>
>> Since the Version should be in every bug report, it would be possible
>> for the bugscanner to automatically weed out RCs for versions greater
>> than the one in frozen, wouldn't it? Wichert?
>
>NO! In this case you know the user who reported the bug has a higher
>version of the program. You don't know if the bug is in the version in
>frozen, too.

Could there be a conventional tag that would cause the bugscanner to
ignore the RC bug, say [woody] or [unstable] or something? I reported a
bug recently which I *knew* didn't exist in the version in frozen, and
thought after sending it that I ought to have tagged it in the title
somehow.

Or should I just tag such bugs in the title and let people reading
through the bugscan reports ignore them themselves?

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]