Re: ITP: kimwitu (compiler development tool)

Hallo,

On Fri, Apr 28, 2000 at 09:45:49AM +0200, Michael Piefel wrote:
> This is good news. I wanted to package that myself, but since my becoming a
> Debian developer has been delayed (I wonder why... ;-), I didn't come round
> to it. Anyway, perhaps you'd like to know there's also a Kimwitu++, a
> version of Kimwitu based on C++ instead of plain C. Of course Kimwitu can be
> combined with C++ as well, but there are several more bells and whistles.

So, please package kimwitu++, as soon as you are in.  It
would be nice to have both variants in Debian.  BTW, the
kimwitu packages for i386 are already in
http://incoming.debian.org.

> It's missing good documentation at the moment, but there will be before
> woody. Just have a look at http://site.informatik.hu-berlin.de/kimwitu++.

I didn't package the kimwitu (w/o ++) docs yet, but I will
do so soon.  The docs are for version 4.5, while the
implementation has the version 4.6.

> P.S.: As Kimwitu can theoretically be used for just about everything, not
> only compilers, perhaps the description should be more ... well, elaborate.

Just come up with a proposal, I would be happy to enhance
the description.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>