Re: [WARNING] List headers changing
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [WARNING] List headers changing
- From: Daniel Martin <Daniel.Martin@jhu.edu>
- Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 12:25:19 -0400
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: Ben Collins's message of "Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:01:13 -0400"
- References: <20000415205045.A3175@mors.wiggy.net> <20000417201602.A25223@transas.com> <20000417093422.A27274@cm.nu> <20000417125043.R15564@visi.net> <20000417181222.G14570@pear.presence.net.uk> <20000417140113.A13780@visi.net>
Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Basically this affects you only if you are filtering on the "From ...."
> line (not the "From: ..." line). A VERP is a "Variable Envelope Return Path".
> It's nothing new, and is supported directly by the MTA on Murphy
> (lists.debian.org). All we had to do was enable it from smartlist, and
> setup a handler to disect and interpret the bounces so smartlist could
> handle them directly.
And really, why on earth would you filter on the "From *" line when
there is that nice X-Mailing-List header that Debian's lists so nicely
provide? (That reminds me - I need to go ask the list admin of
another list I'm on to add a header like that)