Re: Release-critical Bugreport for April 14, 2000

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 03:15:03AM -0500, BugScan reporter wrote:
> Package: gdb (debian/main)
> Maintainer: Vincent Renardias <vincent@debian.org>
>   62081  Looking for gdb-4.18-objc patches....

This is not release critical. (Heck, I can't even get the maintainer
to remove Ada from the list of supported languages in the description,
even though it's definetly not supported. For some reason, he doesn't
think a misleading and confusing description is release critical.)
It's too late to add large functionality patches for potato.

<FLAME>
Yes, we are releasing a badly broken gdb with potato. That's been
true for all of potato, and attempts to fix it by uploading a new
gdb-4.17 that was basically slink's gdb were strongly objected
to by Vincent Renardias. Seems it's the users' fault that gdb
development has problems and the latest version of gdb doesn't
handle half the stuff the older version does. So, no, if you
run potato, you can't debug Ada, or ObjC, or PThreads (I believe).
Sorry.
</FLAME>

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with