Re: [WOODY/WOODY+1] Excess Internationalizion Data

10.04.2000 pisze dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org (dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org):

> >   Another alternative is the creation of "package components".  These would be
> > "lightweight" packages -- straight .tar.gz files which could be optionally
> > installed simultaneously with another package.  They would share control
> > infomation and scripts with the packages they extend, and just provide pure
> > data.
> [cut details]
> >   This is obviously not a perfect way to do things either, though..
>
> True, but I still like this better than my original plan.

Wouldn't it be better to embed such a sub-packages within *.deb file
and install it only on demand? E.g. something like `dpkg --install
something.deb --languages "pl cs de"'?

Jubal

--
[ Miros/law L Baran, baran-at-knm-org-pl, neg IQ, cert AI ] [ 0101010 is ]
[ BOF2510053411, makabra.knm.org.pl/~baran/, alchemy pany ] [ The Answer ]

         ``What the flame does not consume, consumes the flame.''
                                                      --Aeon Flux