Re: Fed up by Lazarus Long ...

On 00-04-09 Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> 	You can also prolly reach him at another address using dynamic
> DNS lazarus@overdue.ompages.com ... I maintain ompages.com's dynamic DNS
> server and the whois server (whois.ompages.com) shows him online with
> his ompages.com address...

Great and where in the bug-reports is this address mentioned? He only
uses the overdue.dhis.net-address and as there's no reply-to set, a
maintainer will answer to this address. So it's up to the bug-submitter
to make sure, that the report is send with an from or reply-to-header
which includes a correct address under where is reachable. I can't be
the job of the maintainer to figure out, how to contact the submitter.
So it's nice that you tell us, that Lazarus has also an other
email-adress which is working, but I find it unacceptabel for
maintainers to first trying to figure out, how the submitter is
reachable. If the submitter provides a wrong address and isn't
reachable, the maintainer should close the bug after some time, if no
one else notifies the problem and can answer the questions.

        Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member