Re: Contributing as non-maintainer

Panu Hällfors wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to help in the development of Debian but preferably not
> as a maintainer because I tend to have very busy periods in my life
> when I really won't have time for my packages. So I want to help
> every now and then in a minor project but I cannot engage in
> maintaining a package all the time.

It would help *a lot* if you could work on release critical or
old bugs, or on orphaned packages then.  This does not require
continous work and it would help a lot.

> My skills range from general application development to Delphi/C++/Java
> coding (only bug fixing in C) and web authoring. I have a little
> experience from translating, too (English -> Finnish). Writing documents
> in English won't do unless I have someone re-reading and correcting
> everything I write.

Rereading should be possible.  Thus: You could try to enhance our
documents as well.

Regards,

	Joey

--
GNU GPL: "The source will be with you... always."