Re: [OT] Who are the persons which read new-maintainer box

Maurizio Boriani <maurizio.boriani@gsol.it> wrote:
>On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 01:54:12AM -0700, Luca Filipozzi wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 07, 2000 at 12:47:03PM +0200, Maurizio Boriani wrote:
>> > What it's means? A sponsor?
>>
>> You have to find a current Debian sponsor to help you with
>> packaging your stuff if you want to get involved with the
>> current testing of the new-maintainer application system.
>>
>> Once the testing of the new-maintainer application system
>> is complete, they will reopen it to non-sponsored applications.
>
>So if I waint to become a Debian Maintainer I've to find an already
>maintainer who grant for me?

This is the current situation, but to be honest at this stage it's
hardly much more hassle to wait.

However, try the debian-mentors mailing list if you've produced a
package you'd like somebody to sponsor.

--
Colin Watson                                           [cjw44@cam.ac.uk]