Re: Reducing downtime on system critical services

Will Lowe wrote:
> Yes, but it occurs in the Policy manual several times. :)

Yes, and I read them all before bothering to post at all.

> http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch3.html
>
> specifically "recommends" using start-stop-daemon, but maybe it should be
> worded a bit stronger?

start-stop-daeomn isn't the issue, the order and which maintainer scripts
handle restarting daemons is. I still do not see anything in policy that
lays out one particular way it must be done.

--
see shy jo