Re: ITP: gnome-db

On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Dan White wrote:

> gnome-db (http://www.gnome.org/gnome-db) is "a framework for creating
> database applications. It provides a common API with pluggable back ends
> to different database sources as well as various specialized widgets for
> handling many database tasks." It's also part of gnome office
> (http://www.gnome.org/gnome-office).
>
> It's licensed under the GPL.
>
> While I'm not a developer, Ed Boraas (ed@debian.org) has graciously
> volunteered to sponsor this package.
>
> Please let me know if this conflicts with anyone's efforts.
Please go for it!

I'd need this package very much.  I considered it to package it
myself and tried to contact the author but he didn't answer to my
e-mail since 1 month :-(.  Did you told him your plan?

Unfortunately I can't help you packaging it because I didn't start
working on it but I hope very much that you get the package soon.

I hope that FreeTDS 0.51 will come soon which provides an ODBC driver
to MSSQL server and will hopefully work with gnome-db.

Kind regard

        Andreas.