Re: Ian Jackson, please get me the hell off your blacklist.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 09:53:06AM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> Your complaint against us using the DUL is valid.  It should not be
> used.  Your complaint against IWJ is not, and your complain/threat
> against Debian even less so since we are not doing that.

I'm making no threat.  I reserve the right to depart the project if I am
overcome with disgust.  As volunteers, we all have that right.

> He has the right to filter his incoming mail as he sees fit.

Then I *must* have a corresponding right to refuse to do project business
with people who refuse to carry on a two-way conversation with me, (or with
my machine, via standard Internet protocols).

Sending me mails -- with whatever content -- and discarding my replies
regardless of their content is nothing short of harassment.  That I may be
able to jump through some arbitrary set of hoops to satisfy the senders
does not change this in the least.  No one has yet been able to point me to
an RFC that describes my usage of my MTA as deprecated or forbidden.

> > Since I cannot communicate with bug report filers from chiark.greenend.org.uk,
> > all bug reports submitted, past, present, or future,  by people from that host
> > will be summarily closed.
>
> That message was not indicitave of a delivery failure.

No, but it was aggravating.  My host was being viewed with suspicion for
daring to be unfamiliar.  I don't know how that could possibly happen,
given the small number of hosts on the net.  But I digress.

I reiterate, iwj and I are discussing this in private mail.  I see no need
at present to clutter the lists with it.  Whether I was right or wrong to
send mail to -devel decrying the action, it is even less appropriate for
you to dredge the issue up again after I've taken it to private mail.

If a subject is off-topic, please don't apply a defibrillator to it after
the participants have moved on.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    It was a typical net.exercise -- a
Debian GNU/Linux               |    screaming mob pounding on a greasy spot