Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 31, 2000

Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 03:20:20PM -0800, Kevin Dalley wrote:
> > BugScan reporter <bugscan@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > Package: sane (debian/main)
> > > Maintainer: Kevin Dalley <kevind@rahul.net>
> > >   60923  sane: Broken with Gimp 1.0
> >
> > I uploaded a possible fix to this program a few days ago.  The problem
> > is that various versions of sane and xsane were not compiled with the
> > appropriate libgimp libraries on non-i386 platforms.
>
> Which gimp libraries should they be using?

sane and xsane should be linked with libgimp-dev.

sane-gimp1.1 and xsane-gimp1.1 should be linked with
libgimp1.1.17-dev.

I have now added a Build-Depends line in the control files.  Perhaps
that will do the trick.  The program should be linked with the same
libraries as the i386 distribution is linked with.

--
Kevin Dalley
SETI Institute