Re: Release-critical Bugreport for March 31, 2000

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:19:39PM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Mar 2000, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > > Package: gap4-doc-dvi (debian/non-free)
> > > Maintainer: Markus Hetzmannseder <hetzi@hetzi.at>
> > >   60695  gap4-doc-dvi depends on nonexistent package
> > >
> > > Package: gap4-doc-html (debian/non-free)
> > > Maintainer: Markus Hetzmannseder <hetzi@hetzi.at>
> > >   60703  gap4-doc-html depends on nonexistent package
> > >
> > > Package: gap4-doc-ps (debian/non-free)
> > > Maintainer: Markus Hetzmannseder <hetzi@hetzi.at>
> > >   60699  gap4-doc-ps depends on nonexistent package
> >
> > I am NMU'ing these packages as I type this email.
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> does it really make sense to keep the documentation of a program which is
> no longer in potato?

No it doesn't. However, that is not up to me, and there is nothing in
policy or packaging that makes such a statement. Therefore, that reason
alone is not enough to remove it. We have documentation packages that
having nothing to do with computers at all (all though I have argued
against such packages).

These packages do not require gap4 to be useful (to gap4 users, but
still).

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '