Re: Ian Jackson, please get me the hell off your blacklist.

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 11:18:47PM +1000, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 03:43:27AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> why? it's his mail server, he can do what he likes with it. he is
> entitled to reject or defer mail delivery to his system for any reason
> he chooses, regardless of whether you happen to approve or not. he can
> run whatever insane spam filtering software he likes (and yes, i do
> happen to think that SAUCE is insane, but my opinion - like yours - is
> irrelevant because it's his mail server, not yours or mine).
>
> on your machines, your policy applies. on his machines, his policy.  simple.
>
> your right to free speech does not include the right to force anyone
> else to listen.

I think Branden's whole point was that he doesn't like to be forced to
listen to something he's not able to respond to (to Ian's bug report,
that is) and that therefore he will just do this: not listen to Ian's
bug reports. So I think your argument doesn't work well here.

    Gregor