Re: Advice on inetd Denial of Service Bug

On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 01:11:09PM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
>       -p, --programs
>           displays process name and PID of the owner of each  socket
>           it dumps. You have to be the owner of such process to have
>           all it's sockets matched to it or generally root user will
>           see all the necessary information in place.

IIRC -p doesn't work on 2.0 kernels.  I believe 2.2 added the fields
required for this in /proc/net/tcp.

You can track this information down the hard way with the
pseudo-inode netstat gives you by referencing them against
/proc/<pid>/fd/*, but that's not a very attractive solution.

--
Drew Bloechl
drew@sith-lord.org