no freeramdisk? -> util-linux

Hello,

  I'm attempting to write support for scsidev at boot time in conjonction with
a fork of hwtools to create a new scsitools package that will provide only the
scsi stuff of hwtools and compile on non-i386 Debian architectures.
However, my scripts will eventually make use of freeramdisk which is not
available on all architectures.  In fact, it is currently only provided by
loadlin on i386 :((  (see wishlist bug #49878).

I don't think it's worth creating a stand alone package for freeramdisk (which
is 3k) so the best package I found to move to is util-linux.

Do you agree with this proposal?  It should go under /bin or /sbin (/sbin
preferably) because I need it early at boot time, before any partition (like
/usr) is mounted.

I will file a bug against loadlin & util-linux if I get a consensus on it.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Eric Delaunay                 | S'il n'y a pas de solution, c'est qu'il n'y
 delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr | a pas de problème.   Devise Shadok.