Re: Uninstallable packages & testing

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 01:20:33PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> There's a list of uninstallable packages for both woody and potato
> (sorted by source package) linked from there too. Stats for potato at
> the moment are: (number of uninstallable binary packages by arch)
>      * sparc:45
>      * i386:10
>      * m68k:45
>      * alpha:64
>      * powerpc:75

It's now:
     * i386:12

The three extras (pcmcia-modules-2.0.36 was removed) are:

	task-games (depends on gnuchess, which is only in woody, not in potato)

	timidity (depends on libasound1, which is only in woody, not in potato)

	timidity-patches (depends on timidity)

> The ten i386 uninstallables are:
>
> 	cricket (not installable on any arch, librrds-perl is depended upon
> 		but only available in woody, not potato)
>
> 	libglide2-v3 (needs device3dfx-module, which is presumably built by
> 		device3dfx-source, but there aren't any existing packages
> 		that match the kernels we distribute. libglide2 is also
> 		an `optional' package that seems to depend on an `extra'
> 		package)
>
> 	gsnes9x (in main, which needs snes9x-x which is in non-free)
>
> 	pcmcia-modules-2.0.36 (which has already been removed, but the
> 		rsync pulse still seems to be happening so auric's out
> 		of date)
>
> 	scalapack-lam-test
> 	scalapack-mpich-test
> 	scalapack-pvm-test
> 		(all depend on atlas1, which isn't in potato, or even woody
> 		anymore)
>
> 	spamfilter
> 		(not installable on any arch, depends on spamdb, which
> 		isn't in potato or woody)
>
> 	tkhylafax (not installable on any arch, depends on hylafax-client,
> 		which isn't in potato)
>
> 	tkirc (not installable on any arch, depends on ircii, which isn't in
> 		potato or woody)

Cheers,
aj

I don't speak for anyone save myself. GPG encrypted mail preferred.

 ``The thing is: trying to be too generic is EVIL. It's stupid, it
        results in slower code, and it results in more bugs.''
                                        -- Linus Torvalds