Re: Compiling Error

Read the gnu libc FAQ, it contains info about why this happens, and it
pretty much explains that the first example you show is not valid ANSI C.
So in affect, it is a bug in the program to do that (since std{out,in,err}
are not really constants, but are runtime dependant).

The example you show below is the needed change, and I've had to do it
many times when we made the move to glibc 2.1 on sparc. It is correct, and
portable.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '