Re: Proposed documentation/script changes for potato (ntp/chrony/util-linux)

On Mon, Jan 31, 2000 at 01:56:54AM -0200, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> Attached you'll find context diff files against files in the ntp, chrony and
> util-linux packages, as well as a new README.Debian.hwclock file for the
> util-linux package.

I don't read debian-devel frequently, so I just caught up on all this
discussion, however I did file one of the bugs about this.  Thank you
for taking on this issue!  I have one problem:

> To set the date/time of the system, just use the standard UNIX date facilities
> (such as date)

This advice ignores the admonitions I've read in many places that one
should never adjust the system clock discontinuously, especially not
backwards.  Do you have any thoughts on this?

Andrew