Re: Non-Debian Debian Packages (maelstrom and libsdl)

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 12:42:52PM +0000, Christoph Baumann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just came across some strange debs on
> http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/SDL/download-1.0.html
> and
> http://www.devolution.com/~slouken/Maelstrom/binary.html
>
> I downloaded and extraced them. They aren't policy compliant and contain
> evil dependencies. e.g. the maelstrom package has this:
> Depends: sdl1(>=3D1.0)
> sdl1 isn't a official Debian package it should be libsdl1.
> As I'm the maintainer of maelstrom I'm rather concerned. I will now
> contact this "maintainer".

Well, be polite.

There's nothing wrong with sam (or someone he knows) doing unofficial
debs of hist software. If I were you, I'd just make him aware of the
duplication of effort.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable