Turbo Vision non-free? (Was Re: Another packages wishlist)

On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:

> Carlos Barros wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 08:19:39PM -0200, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> >
> > > Yann Dirson wrote:
> > >
> > > [snip]
> > > [snip]
> > >

> > This one I think requires a not free library. rhtvision.
> >
> > I was a sponsor of the rhtvision and setedit packages and it has problems
> > due to rhtvision is derivated from tvision and tvision is not free.
> >
> > --
> > Carlos Barros.
>
> o well ... then i withdraw the ITP
> will wait for better times
>
> or, maybe can statically linked binary only package be placed at least in non-free?

   Turbo Vision is non-free?

   From http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,17285,00.html
   (last modified Sept 01/99)

<quote>
   Question:
      Where can I find the public domain version of Turbo Vision?

   Answer:
      It can be found at
      ftp.inprise.com/pub/borlandcpp/devsupport/archive/turbovision/
</quote>

   Is Borland's page wrong?  You should mail them and get an official
   answer. (Isn't a FAQ on their site official enough?)

   Damian

--
Damian Gryski ==> dgryski@uwaterloo.ca | Linux, the choice of a GNU generation
512 pt Hacker Test score = 37%         | 500 pt Nerd Test score = 56%