Re: xfs question

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 04:19:47PM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> Now that xfs per default does not listen on a tcp port anymore, could
> anyone please tell me how to configure x (i.e. XF86Config) to use unix
> domain sockets instead?

I think the answer is in the FAQ:

zgrep -i unix /usr/share/doc/xfree86-common/FAQ.gz
Like Unix shell login sessions, which are customized by a file like
Like the Unix filesystem, windows in X are laid out like a tree with a
    FontPath "unix/:7100"

Yup.

I sometimes wonder why I bother maintaining that FAQ.

--
G. Branden Robinson            |
Debian GNU/Linux               |             If ignorance is bliss,