Re: I don't get copies of bug reports to my packages

On Wed, Mar 15, 2000 at 11:25:47AM +0100, Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> For some reason, since a while I don't get copies of bug reports against my
> packages mailed to me. I'm tracking debian-bugs-dist now and checking the
> web page once in a while, but this is less than satisfying.

I noticed that control@bugs bot processes the messages you send to id
silently, then processes it again, but this time mailing the report to
you.

It is also known that the locking in the BTS isn't implemented properly so
any messages that you send while the web pages are being regenerated will
get stuck in the incoming mail queue (or something like that, I don't quite
recall the details correctly). Darren Benham and Adam Heath (they are behind
owner@bugs.debian.org) spoke about this on IRC on several occasions. Word
has it that Johnie Ingram has some patches for that Perl code, but I don't
think these patches were applied...

It actually seems that subscribing to -bugs-dist mailing list is useful
right now... although it is so damn painful when you don't have lots of
time to sift through it. :(

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name