Re: important bug - war (openldapd #57469)

On Tue, Mar 14, 2000 at 04:13:52PM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Ben> Next time please email me with correct version numbers and
>     Ben> explain things a little better, other than just "it still
>     Ben> doesn't work". I've never been able to reproduce this, on any
>     Ben> of the 4 machines that I am running the server on.
>
> I am not sure why this was not clear (from BTS):
>
> [...]
> To: Debian Bug Tracking System <57469@bugs.debian.org>
> Subject: this bug is NOT fixed :-(
> [...]
>
> Package: openldapd
> Version: 1:1.2.8-7
> [...]

Right, and the latest version is 1.2.9-3.

> where you said the problem had been fixed in this version (although it
> is old now). Perhaps this message never reached you, it might have
> been delayed/lost in the BTS. In future, I will assume that the
> maintainer never got my mail if I don't get any response, and send
> another copy.
>
> Or, perhaps I should have put openldapd somewhere on the subject line?
> I guess my subject line could have been better.
>
>     Ben> Sorry that you had to resort to this, it will be fixed soon
>     Ben> enough.
>
> Thanks.

Yeah, subject line is everything when you sift through ~500 emails a day.
Thanks for bringing it to my attention however. I do want things to work
properly in potato.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '