Re: realplayer installer and frozen

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 05:47:41PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> The realplayer installer package in potato is broken and useless because
> Real has, in their infinite wisdom, removed version 6.x of the program from
> their download sites now that they have a beta of 7.0. (Bug #60323.)
>
> So the installer can't install anything. The package either needs to be
> pulled from potato, or the new package in woody that can handle realplayer
> 7.0 needs to be substituted in its place. The changes to the actual debian
> package were minor; the changes between real 6.x and 7.0 are anyone's
> guess and who knows what has broken.
>
> So, Dark, what should I do?

Let's boycott the fuckers!  Drop the package and swear to never support
Real until they discard their patents and free their software!

G! P! L!

G! P! L!

CHARRRRRRRRRRRRGE!

--
G. Branden Robinson            |    I just wanted to see what it looked like
Debian GNU/Linux               |    in a spotlight.