Re: better RSYNC mirroring , for .debs and others

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Jacob Kuntz wrote:

> wouldn't it make more sense to use something like mirror or wget untill
> debdiff matures? are mirror admins required to use rsync?

Sadly rsync is far, far better that mirror or wget, both of which are
verging on useless for an archive of our size.

We use rsync not for its ability to do binary file diffs, but because it
largely works.

Sadly my project to get a real mirroring system written is on hold (alas)

Jason