Re: better RSYNC mirroring , for .debs and others

On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 12:26:30PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> differences very, very small. This is particularly true for .debs when you
> add in the fact that gcc never produces binary identical output on
> consecutive runs.

I'm not arguing the rest of your points, but I'm curious about
this one. IIRC, the last thing a full bootstrap of GCC does,
after building stage one binaries with the native compiler,
stage two binaries with the stage one binaries and stage
three binaries with the stage two binaries, is compare the
stage two and stage three binaries. If they're not the
same, then you have a problem. I don't see how this fits
with what you're saying.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
Only a nerd would worry about wrong parentheses with