Re: aptitude

Just take my comments as a wish list for the future, I
know this stuff is still alpha grade (but still very
usefull).  Nice thing about debian is that it not only
has a bullet resistant package manager (not bullet
proof as per some of the slink->potato upgrade horror
stories I've been reading), but several different
front ends.  Gnome-apt looks good too, (but has a bug
in that the 'terminal window' that shows the 'action'
goes black after one screenfull scrolls up).

I installed potato from scratch on a computer via the
web (had to install the 'base' from floppies 'cause I
couldn't get apt to use a proxy at first to see though
a firewall) but got the rest via apt-get, dselect,
gnome-apt, and aptitude. (can mixing package manager
frontends screw up things?)  Anyway it is LOOKING
GOOD!
Goodluck with the un-freeze process!

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!