Re: Packages to remove from frozen

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 03:13:36PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:
> Michael Stone wrote:
> > Not very backward-compatible, is it? In some environments it's desirable
> > to have the software behave the same on every platform; even if it's
> > buggy, the bugs need to be consistent.
>
> This is linux. We break backwards compatability if we have to do do things
> *right*.

How is it right to spit out an error message on every connection that
adds nothing to most people's use of the product? Especially when there
exists a verbose mode for people who want lots of gory details about the
efficacy of their connection? SSH doesn't tell me the key length of
connections *except* in this one case--which is not consistent, and
which is not unambiguously "*right*" behavior.

--
Mike Stone