Re: [MDaemon@kilroy-mail.dyndns.org: Permanent Delivery Failure]

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 09:02:59AM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 04:37:49AM +0000, Lazarus Long wrote:
> > Okay, now what?  Does this mean the maintainer did not receive this?
> > Hmmm.  I'll cc this to -devel, where someone will hopefully know.
>
> I think this has something to do with BenC having to manually recover from
> the FUBAR that was perpetrated on the lists Sunday.
>
> (Details: somebody -- and nobody has fessed up yet, to my knowledge,
> decided to make some of the mailing lists moderated [GOOD], but in changing
> the configuration for one (or a few lists), they managed to moderate EVERY
> list except, apparently, -changes and -bugs-dist. [BAD]  So 18 to 24 hours'

As an aside, this is easy to do with smartlist, which by default
stores the configuration files per-list, but as symlinks to each
other.  So change one, you change them all, unless you were aware of
this feature....

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable