Re: Mozilla M14

Chad Miller (cmiller@optilinkcomm.net) wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 10:11:37AM -0800, Brent Fulgham wrote:
> > Mozilla M14 has been released.  Do you guys think we should
> > try to get it into Potato before the release?  Let me know.
>

> Maybe.  Tho, we should fix the bugs, first.  :P
>
> Seriously (and IANADD), I think it's not a good idea.  This isn't
> beta, or even alpha, and normally betas make us squeamish.
>
> 						- chad

granted that it's not "beta" yet, but it is "dog food". meaning, the
developers are eating their own dog food, so to speak. they are using it for
their primary mua and web browser.

i know was arguing against including known-to-be-buggy software with debian
just the other day, you don't have to remind me. here's my logic:

with the exception of mysql on our servers, the only non-free software my
organization has installed anywhere is netscape. i'd really love to have the
option of getting rid of that on the workstations. i'm sure a lot of other
people feel the same way. we could certianly include a warning that it's
pre-beta and not for the faint of heart. any comments?

--
(jacob kuntz)                    jpk@cape.com jake@{megabite,underworld}.net
(megabite systems)                       "think free speech, not free beer."