Problems with ftpd, wu-ftpd, and proftpd packages?

Before submitting a bug report on these, I was wondering if anyone has done a
CLEAN install of the different ftp servers.  What I found was that if I had NO
/etc/ftpd, /etc/wu-ftpd, or /etc/proftpd, when I would do the install, it would
not supply the config files needed for these to operate properly.  An upgrade
from slink to potato would work if these were there previously.  It may be my
system, or it may be a problem no one has noticed, since removing the package
doesn't remove the config directory.

							Dave Bristel