Re: Consistant Keyboard Configuration (was Re: Another packages wishlist)

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 06:56:53AM -0800, Jim Lynch wrote:
> At one point there was a group working on making the keyboard configuration
> of debian consistant between x and console. Does this group still function
> and contribute to debian?
>
> Slink was great for its keyboard configuration... potato is so far
> horrible and broken in some ways. Consistancy between console and
> X is badly broken, and no one seems to be talking about that.

Perhaps people have the console set up fine, and simply use XkbDisable,
which makes X inherit the settings from the console instead of replacing
them with their own.

Currently, the only problem I have with my keyboard is the fact that
AltGr+, and AltGr+. aren't mapped to < and > (I have to use Alt+60 and
Alt+62 which is quite a bit more painful), so I'd appreciate any hints
on how to set that up. I use croat.map file.

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name