Re: Slink -> Potato upgrade report

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 12:28:45PM +1100, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> It's because the packages changed names from slink to potato.
> fvwm  => fvwm1
> fvwm2 => fvwm
> I've just noticed the last apt-get upgrade trashed my fvwm config
> without
> leaning a backup. *sigh*. I'll try to track this down.

I don't really understand why fvwm is such a special case -- for most
programs, the next version is an upgrade of the package, not a separate
package. Yes you got auto-upgraded to fvwm 2, but you want to be
upgraded to the latest dpkg and libc6 right, so why not fvwm?

Hamish Moffatt VK3SB. CCs of replies on mailing lists are welcome.